Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sintel released  (Read 1153 times)
rork
« on: October 01, 2010, 09:55:42 am »

'Sintel is an open movie made with the Blender 3d content creation suite. After Elephants Dream and Big Buck Bunny it's the third open movie sponsored by the Blender Foundation with the aim to validate and improve Blender as a movie creation tool.

Sintel is an action focussed short movie set in a fantasyworld where a girl starts on a quest to find here little dragon friend. This takes her trough a number of different countries with many dangers towards the mountain range where the dragons live.

It's a nice story with an unexpected end. With these kind of animations I'm always more interested in the technique and I can say the did a good job. Some great environments and action scenes have been created and I was really impressed with the facial expressions, movement in general and movement of hair and clothes in the wind and during the action scenes. It is nice to see how far the technology (and probably artist skills) has developed since Elephants Dream.

I have to admit however that the action scenes in the cinema release suffered from some framedrops, the slings of swords and other weapons wasn't as smooth as I hoped it would be. It looked better on youtube so probably it was just my lack of focus at the moment. It's a great movie and a good show off about what can be done with open source software.

You can watch the movie on Youtube or download it in various formats and resolutions from www.sintel.org.'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: