Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kontact restart problems workaround.  (Read 1143 times)
rork
« on: November 26, 2010, 09:53:09 pm »

'I'm using KDE's Kontact for managing my personal information with as activated components KMail, KAddressBook, KJots (notebook), KOrganizer and Akregator (RSS Reader). Since as long as I remember when I close the program and try to start it again it shows up as starting in the task bar and then disappears. It didn't happen every time but it often did.

I've now found the bug report in which a cause and a workaround is given. The problem seems to be Akregator, when you mark feed(s) as read and close Kontact afterwards the process will keep running and you can't start it until it's killed. The workaround is to go to Settings > Configure Akregator > General (default) and enable the Tray Icon. Now when you want to quit Kontact right click the Akregator tray icon and click quit. You'll be asked to confirm and Kontact will quit as it's supposed to.

The bug report also states that the problem is fixed in KDE version 4.4. however I've still got the problem with KDE 4.4.2 / Kontact 4.4.2 on Kubuntu 10.04 AMD64.'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: