Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitbar spam  (Read 1406 times)
rork
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:44:09 am »

'When I checked my website yesterday I suddenly got an advertisement for the twitbar depicted over my site. I was quite puzzled by this because I didn't put it up there. There were two options, either the website had been hacked or a third party service added the advertisement. It turned out to be the latter.

I used TwitThis to enable readers to tweet about my posts. This was the only third party script I used and a prime suspect for they have advertising for the twitbar on their website. So I opened the script that is used with their link and indeed found some code that would check the browser software and make a link to the twitbar.

I couldn't find a user agreement for their service so as far as I'm concerned they were not allowed to use their script for advertisement opportunities. I therefore removed the TwitThis link from my pages and will not use any of their services anymore, especially the TwitBar.

My apologies to whoever visited the site and saw the add, I hope I'm able to prevent this in the future.'
evil^bill
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:09:52 pm »

Nasty!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: